The Merriam-Webster Dictionary is the best-selling language reference
covering the core vocabulary of everyday life (more than 75,000
What’s New: Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases
to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email
to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to
dictionary. Translate all clipboard contents – whether one word or
several words at a time!
Search and translate Features
• NEW! Three new integrated input methods make dictionary use more
convenient than ever. Search by voice using Google Voice recognition
service, take a picture of the text and translate it with Google
Goggles, or enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s
PenReader handwriting recognition software.
• Look up unfamiliar words in dictionary directly from the home screen!
The dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside
other search results.
• English Morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
• List of similar words is displayed in case of misspelling.
• Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search.
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A
random entry from the dictionary is changed daily
• NEW! Manage Word of the day widget settings: select dictionary direction, font size and update period (manual or automatic).
Merriam-Webster Inc. acquired the rights to revise and publish Noah
Webster’s dictionaries in 1843. Since then, Merriam-Webster has
maintained an ongoing commitment to innovation, scholarship, and love of
language. Each Merriam-Webster dictionary is the product of extensive
research and painstaking writing and editing conducted by the largest
group of full-time lexicographers in North America. Today, the company
continues as the leader in language reference publishing with
bestselling reference books and electronic references, popular Web sites
and a range of licensed products.